Google JSAPI & JSFiddle:
relationship problems? Just a little miscommunication.
- It looks like this was caused by an issue of the order of the libraries. See the comments below. Looks like it’s just an issue with the loading of the libraries through jsFiddle. Also, for more info checkout the jsFiddle Google Group.
- Be certain to use the Google JSAPI with the “fake=.js” url parameter (i.e.,
http://www.google.com/jsapi?fake=.js) to make certain the library loads.
- Thanks to the developer, Piotr Zalewa, for a quick response.
I’ve come to love jsFiddle. Although I heard about it some time ago I never really got around to doing anything with it until rather recently I joined an online community jQuery course with P2P. (Interesting concept and definitely worth taking a look at.) So in doing so for a recent exercise I decided to use the Google Maps JS API for generating a map with markers for people retrieved form a JSON object. The problem I’m noticing is that the Google APIs don’t seem to work fluidly with jsFiddle.
First the “google” object could not be found when running the page. So, although it’s not ideal, I added it to the html section and the libraries loaded. But now I’m getting an error with the visualization object not being found. I think it’s an issue with jsFiddle at this time, as I’ve actually just copy/pasted the example from the Google Visualization library and it still doesn’t work. I’m putting some feelers out to find out if there really is something going on or if I’m just going crazy in the process.
One last note, too: I highly suggest not using Chrome with jsFiddle, either. On two occasions Chrome just stopped interacting with the UI and I lost all my changes. Especially ugh since there’s not an autosave at this time.